The BRAINCURES Discovery Engine (BDE)
The BDE is a biology and biomarker powered approach to de-risk and accelerate drug discovery that offers an at least 10-fold cost saving from target to personalized treatment. The technology is powered by a hierarchical molecular framework comprised of genes that organize themselves into a molecular corporation of targets (workers), hubs (managers) and masters (directors) behind brain function. The decoded biological intelligence allows us to deliver at least 6-fold higher drug discovery success rates and shortens development cycles by at least 4 years without deep learning steps associated with AI (click to see detail here).
How does the BDE work?
What are the key applications for the BDE?
- Drug discovery: Asses your pipeline of compounds or data against our target genes and compounds to unravel biological mechanisms of action relevant to your disease of interest
- Biomarkers: Identification of biomarkers for personalized patient to treatment matching
- Repurposing: Identification of novel indications for your compounds
- Novel treatment identification: Exploit phenotypic and metabolomic assays to discover new treatments and biomarkers with personalised medicine potential
What outcomes can the BDE deliver?
- Precision medicine pipeline prioritization: BDE analysis of COMPANY X’s pipeline of 207 compounds showed that only 20 of them have a biology- and biomarker- linkage needed for precision medicine. Thus, Company X is re-evaluating some of their programs
- Clinical failure prevention: The BDE predicts therapeutic program failure before it turns into a Phase III failure. For example, our retrospective target prioritization would have eliminated 69 % of 72 genes associated with Phase III clinical failures during target selection for preclinical studies. The estimated cost saving is $11 billion
- Therapeutic indication landscaping: The BDE highlights a compound’s potential across 21 disease classes by filtering a database of over 25000 opportunities down to 1000 opportunities with precision medicine potential. For example, the BDE Target – Company X Pipeline Compound linkage prioritized 29 of the over 25000 indication expansion opportunities